Sun Prairie Pet Clinic’s Services
Examinations and vaccines are only the beginning, however. Our experience and personalized attention to your pet’s care allow us to address specific concerns about skin care, oral health, behavioral and training issues, gastrointestinal and nutritional management, and many others. The combined experience of our veterinarians gives us the ability to rapidly address and correct frequently encountered emergencies. If deemed necessary, we have referral partners that we can refer to 24 hours a day for more aggressive care.
Our clinic has available laboratory testing to facilitate our medical care. We can perform blood chemistry analysis, cell count determination, x-rays, fecal testing, urinalysis, electrolyte determination, tissue sample analysis, and many other services with both in-hospital and off-site laboratories.
Orthopedic surgeries frequently are more complex and benefit from board-certified surgeons. We refer orthopedic surgeries to a variety of referral partners for definitive care of fractures, ligament tears, among others.
The success of surgery is dependent on safe and effective anesthesia. Every surgery patient has access to pre-anesthesia bloodwork, IV fluid for blood pressure support, ECG and blood pressure monitoring, oxygen and carbon dioxide level monitoring, as well a thermal regulation.
Dental care at Sun Prairie Pet Clinic begins at a young age, with instruction on home oral care and demonstration of these with the owner. We use a variety of oral health care products to provide choices to you since each pet will accept oral care differently. Examples of oral care items include brushes and enzymatic toothpaste, oral rinses, treated chews and treats, water additives, among others.
If the occasion arises that your pet needs more aggressive oral health care, we are able to provide oral health care in the clinic. Dental care under anesthesia is used intermittently through life to allow the veterinary staff to accurately diagnose and treat oral health care problems.
Why Choose Us
- Experienced veterinarians- Drs. Vitale, Lauri, and Brye have over 44 years experience between them, spanning general medicine, emergency and critical care, dental and surgical experience.
- Experienced staff – average of over 6 years experience among our 3 technicians.
- Personalized care for your canine and feline family members.
- Grooming services available on premises.
- Flexible scheduling options, including evening hours daily, drop-off appointments, and Saturday office hours. Evening and weekend calls are handled by our staff for your convenience. Online scheduling available for your convenience.