UPDATED COVID-19 CONTAINMENT MEASURES AT
SUN PRAIRIE PET CLINIC
The Sun Prairie Pet Clinic will immediately institute the following changes to our operational plan in order to support the efforts that are directed at limiting the community spread of the novel coronavirus and the COVID-19 respiratory disease.
If you have a fever or are feeling ill, we ask you to remain at home. If you have a fever or feel ill and your pet needs to be seen, please call our Clinic at 608-834-8118, so we can discuss options.
Beginning Wednesday, March 18:
- The Clinic will be open our normal hours and staffed at our normal levels, though there will be no client traffic into the Clinic building.
- The Clinic will be open to care for both wellness visits and sick pets in the manner we typically do.
- When you arrive at Sun Prairie Pet Clinic for an appointment:
- Please call 608-834-8118 to check in.
- After checking in and verifying what you would like to have done for your pet on that visit, please bring your pet to the doors furthest towards Stonehaven Road. Open the door, place your pet inside (we ask that all cats be placed in a sturdy carrier and dogs’ leashes be removed) and close the door with your pet inside. Please remain with your pet until a staff member comes to retrieve them.
- Our staff will call you with discharge instructions and for payment.
- Our staff may be wearing a mask, gloves, or both; this is being done for your safety as well as the safety of our staff.
- You have the option of leaving and returning later to pick up your pet or waiting for your pet outside the building.
- After the exam is completed we will communicate the findings to you directly; this can be done over the phone, by text, or email.
- After care is completed we will accept payment with our usual methods (credit card, cash, or check). Your receipt will be left in our vestibule or emailed to you based on your preference.
- If you are not comfortable having your pet treated without you in attendance, we ask that you to reschedule your pet’s appointment to a later date.
- Surgery patients will continue to be admitted between 7:30 AM and 8:15 AM. Discharge times will continue to be determined through the day based on the order the surgeries are completed.
- Clients that are picking up medications and prescription diets are encouraged to call ahead, so we know to expect you. Medication or food will be placed in the appropriately labeled vestibule after payment has been taken over the phone.